There are many things that support children’s development!
Here are some everyday routines and ways to support your child’s development!
- Car rides – Talk about the things you see on the ride! The trees, the RED building, the BLUE building, the McDonald’s sign! Talking is teaching!
- Laundry – We will take any help we can get, so make it fun for your child! For a kiddo under 3, see if they can find a shirt, pants or socks in the basket as you fold the laundry! For preschool-aged (3-4), put them in charge of finding the matching socks!
- Grocery Store – give them a piece of paper and a crayon/pen and have them draw the items you put in the cart or make a list of things you need!
- Bath Time – give your child a cup with ice cubes and talk about hot and cold!
- Diaper Changing – once a day when changing your child’s diaper, point out their eyes, nose, and other body parts!
- Read – a book, a magazine, anything, read!